I wanted to add a word count progress bar like the one above to my blog a) to show people how THIS is progressing, and b) to spur me on.
The whole procedure took a while longer than I had anticipated.
To prevent anyone else having to spend too long trying to make this work, here is a 10-point step-by-step guide to getting it done:
- Go to this website and key in your details.
- Copy the code in the ‘Code’ box below the ‘Preview’.
- Go to your blog Dashboard. Hold your cursor over ‘Appearance’ and click on ‘Widgets’.
- Find the ‘Text’ button and click on it.
- Click on ‘Add Widget’.
- Paste your code into the blank box beneath ‘Title’.
- Give it a title in ‘Title’.
- Save it.
- Drag and drop it where you want it to appear on your blog.
- Get back to writing!